Every year, time of day watering guidelines begin April 1, but be sure to follow ALL the mandatory requirements of the City of Dallas Water Conservation Ordinance:
• From April 1 to October 31 in-ground or hose end sprinklers use is only allowed before 10 a.m. or after 6 p.m.
• Observe the maximum twice per week watering schedule, which is in effect all year.
Last Digit of Address Watering Days Allowed
0, 2, 4, 6, 8 (even) ............ Sundays and Thursdays
1, 3, 5, 7, 9 (odd) ............. Saturdays and Wednesdays
No address number .......... Sundays and Thursdays
• Watering during any form of precipitation is wasteful and prohibited. All automatic sprinkler systems are required to have working rain and freeze sensors.
• Repair broken, missing or misdirected sprinkler heads.
• Watering driveways, sidewalks or streets is prohibited.
• Irrigation resulting in runoff onto streets, sidewalks or other impervious areas is prohibited.
Watering by hand or with drip irrigation or soaker hoses is permitted at any time, on any day.
Violation of each of these outdoor watering guidelines can result in a fine of $250, up to $2,000 per incident.